CYCLING AUSTRALIA TECHNICAL REGULATIONS AND WA BY LAWS
The Element Road Series will be conducted under current Cycling Australia Technical regulations and CycleSport WA by laws.
Important rules all riders should consider are:
- Cameras and triathlon bars or triathlon bikes are not allowed. UCI approved bikes only.
- Junior (Under 17 and lower) racing requires a roll out to check gearing
- Racing is conducted under the jurisdiction of a Race Commissaire.
- Disqualification and fines apply for Racing infringements
- Bikes with disc brakes are now allowed for races at the Element Series. For more click HERE.
Grading is per wa.cycling.org.au
OVERALL SERIES CHAMPION
The Series winner will be decided in A, B and C grade Men and Women, Under 17, Under 15 Men and Women, and noted in D grades.
- All races count
- Riders will accumulate points in that grade, if moved up then 50% of points are transferable (different to the 2016/17 Ring series), not if moved down.
- Highest Point tally wins
- In the case of a tie, count back on result of the last race. The rider greater points of the two riders tied will be the winner of that position.
- Points: 1st 100 points, 2nd 75 points, 3rd 55 points, 4th 40 points, 5th 30 points, 6thto 10th 20 points
- Events outside of Peel or Metropolitan will multiply points by 1.5. For example a win in Collie is 150 points.
- Points are awarded on finish position; DNF or DNS is zero (0) points.
- Handicap points are awarded on finish position regardless of grade. For example Women’s B wins the Beverley, C Men comes 2nd, that’s 150 points to the Women B riders points and 112.5 points to the Men’s C Rider.
- Junior riders points tally will be based on the position against other similar aged riders in the highest grade possible for that event. For example an Under 17 comes 5thin C grade but is the 2nd Under 17 they get the 2nd position points. (Note: we encourage race organisers to accommodate Junior riders into their events based on Cycling Australia Junior policy on distance- Under 17: 70km, Under 15: 30km, Under 13: 20km)